TSM specializes in providing contract professional and technical services for commercial business and government. This includes strategy and operations management, consulting, government contract venturing/teaming, interim and project management, and related decision analytics services for precision manufacturing (machine shops using CAD/CAM) and building construction (mechanicals using BIM/VDC).
TSM was just recently registered as a federal contractor (12/19) and a Federal Executive Board (SADBOC)-certified (5/20) contracting-ready rural mid-western service-disabled veteran-owned small business. So, we would like to encourage interested government procurement officials and potential strategic industry partners to read our new capabilities statement by clicking the image below.
The capabilities statement above provides an overview of TSM’s functional competencies, markets served, NAICS codes, key other administrative details on the business, and some background on TSM’s owner, Jeff Moran. A selection of recent project deliverables can also be be found here.
The building construction and precision machining related information below is meant to complement the capabilities statement and presentations referenced above.
- TSM currently serves a leading national mechanical contracting firm as partner to plan and execute a strategic federal contracting business development initiative and to assist in the development of necessary corporate processes and policies.
- Phase 1 entailed creating and executing a plan to methodically assess and evaluate current practices, policies and processes. Assessment concluded after several months of documentary research and dozens of interviews with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts. Final analysis and recommendations focused on 8 dimensions of regulatory/compliance program development. The CEO and COO accepted all recommendations, leading to Phase 2.
- Phase 2 entails formation of a strategic program development initiative lead by the COO and including two regional VP/GMs, the VP for Human Capital, and General Counsel. TSM was retained as subject matter expert, advisor/facilitator and process developer.
- TSM advised and assisted, evaluated, and developed tools and processes for a leading national mechanical contracting firm as partner to improve project- and installer-level commercial building systems installation operations planning, execution and close-out tools, techniques, and procedures across the company’s project portfolio.
- Two key projects analyzed were a new construction project involving a multiple building US Air Force hangar complex totaling over 400,000 SF and a multiple building university campus piping and mechanical room upgrade and installation of hot water systems and heat exchangers.
- Provided input on improvement process methodology and planning deliverables, led related training for strategic business project team members, facilitated multiple Six Sigma process analysis exercises for process subteam leads, and conducted critical path analysis and advisory for executives sponsors on requisites and methodology to calculate net impact and return on resources spent for construction-oriented project execution-related improvements.
Contract Precision Manufacturing-related
- TSM current advises and assists an established industry partner with managerial and technical services for contract precision machining.
- Responsible for researching, planning, pursuing, capturing, coordinating and managing aerospace- and defense-related contract opportunities.
- Provides diagnostic and preparatory assistance in the areas of regulatory and compliance, sales and marketing and business development, contracting management, strategic venturing/teaming, and shop-level contract-specific operations quality and security controls for fulfillment and delivery of high-specification components.
- TSM advised and assisted leading consumer small arms-related machine shops as partner responsible for machine specific operations management and turn-key contract marketing, customer management, and sales services related to planning and execution of product line extensions involving:
- End-user product and market research and concept testing;
- Product design and value-proposition development;
- Component and service partner sourcing strategy;
- Requirement and specifications for contract machine shop operations;
- Printed and online video marketing materials;
- Commercial sales and buyer qualification and selection process; and
- Distribution channel controls development, implementation, and management.