Status & Details
TSM has been in operation since 2006. Our D-U-N-S number is 012488963. Our US Defense Logistics Agency commercial and government entity (CAGE) code is 8FQV5.
TSM is verified by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). The public record for TSM can be found on the VA’s official site here. The VA’s SDVOSB certification, renewed every three years, is the gold-standard for verifying such status for small business government contracting and commercial strategic supply-chain diversity.
For the uninitiated, the VA’s SDVOSB verification process is the most regulated and in-depth of the Federal small business certifications. The process has substantially changed in the past few years and has coincided with the decertification, debarment and/or prosecution of thousands of fraudulent and otherwise unqualified firms masquerading as veteran-owned or service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses in the federal contracting space.
What does VA verification as a SDVOSB mean? Specifically for TSM Worldwide LLC, it means that a team of federal small business auditors and lawyers have obtained, thoroughly investigated, and completely verified TSM Worldwide LLC as a SDVOSB on the basis of personal interviews, background investigations, and detailed examinations of the following documents in addition to numerous signed detailed letters of explanation:
- Original articles of organization and a certification letter from the Minnesota Secretary of State evidencing proper organization and good standing.
- Current complete copy of the formal business operating agreement detailing binding financial and functional decisions including rules, regulations and provisions governing internal company operations.
- All necessary business licenses, permits, and accreditations for determining compliance with all appropriate city, county and state statutes and ordinances.
- Resumes of all owners, directors, partners, officers and key personnel listing the current and previous occupation, job description/duties, education, personal identifying information, dates, skills, abilities, etc to determine if the owner and team has the requisite qualifications, knowledge and experience to operate and manage the business.
- Complete copies of the previous three years worth of Federal personal and business income tax filings along with all schedules and other supporting documents for all business owners.
- Copies of the last 5 contracts and/or proposals to include bids and purchase orders or work agreements, including any bids and purchase orders submitted or awarded.
- Payroll distribution ledger, W-2 and other documents as requested for the entire preceding year and current year-to-date showing all employees and/or subcontractors and their wages/commissions/distributions earned.
- Original signed banking account set-up agreements and the last three monthly account statements to include official bank attestations certifying the individual controlling receipt and disbursement of business financial resources is the service-disabled veteran owner.
- Documentation and validation of the official business address to include copies of ownership documentation and leases, management and service agreements, to include verifiable evidence of financial payments being made from veteran business owner bank accounts to lessors, managers, or service providers and documented receipt of those payments by the third parties for the last three months.
Other SBA and DoD certifications (e.g. HUBZone and security clearances) are pending. TSM is working directly with the Small Business Administration (SBA), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), the Minnesota Federal Executive Board, and state-level small business outreach teams to negotiate the various certification and training hurdles on the path forward. TSM anticipates HUBZone verification next year. The ultimate level and timing of security clearances is not certain at this time given the peculiarities of the the federal process and the national industrial security policy transformation currently underway.
As a prospective security-cleared SDVOSB and HUBZone set-aside eligible contracting partner, we are enthusiastic about networking with large and small businesses near and far to explore strategic and developmental partnerships so to also eventually pursue, capture, and execute on government contracts or commercial subcontracts of mutual business interest.
Because some of our commercial entity registration details remain sensitive, only federal contracting officers can review aspects of TSM’s federal registration in the system for awards management (SAM.gov). Complementary VA vendor information on TSM can be viewed by clicking the SDVOSB logo above. Other officials and potential commercial teaming partners may also download TSM’s service capabilities statement here and inquire directly with questions about capabilities, referrals, etc.