TSM is guided by the following business imperatives:
- Obey laws. Complying with all applicable laws is the foundation on which reputable business is built.
- Have integrity. Saying what you mean and meaning what what you say, this is the essence of integrity.
- Compete fairly. Offering and accepting bribes, or inappropriate gifts, is neither fair nor ethical.
- Honor obligations. Relationships are grounded in mutual trust, and confidence that one’s word is one’s bond.
- Respect people. Treating all people with dignity and professionalism is what respect is all about.
- Safeguard assets. Selfless stewardship of sensitive information, interests, and other business assets is non-negotiable.
- Give back. Good corporate citizenship entails advocacy, volunteerism, and charitable giving.
TSM values a multi-dimensional understanding of sustainability:
- Economics. Minimizing adverse impacts on the economic conditions of the company’s stakeholders and economic systems locally, nationally, and globally.
- Environment. Minimizing adverse impacts on living and non-living natural systems including ecosystems, natural resources, land, air, and water.
- Ethics. Complying with applicable laws, regulations, and norms locally, nationally, and globally.
- Society. Minimizing adverse impacts on the broader stakeholder community especially with respect to labor practices, anti-corruption, and human rights.